I am one of those women who always wanted to be a mom and now I am in the second stage of my life and live for my grandchildren. I want to be with them as much as possible without "suffocating" them. I hope that my own lessons I was taught in my early years will reflect now onto my own daughters. I hope that someday when it will be their turns to be a Grandma to their own children's children that they will remember all the little things that were passed down to them. I cherish all my memories and hold them dear.
Will they want to spend as much time with their children in their adult life? Will they want to participate in their every day lives or will they end up living far away from them and only stay connected by phone calls and letters. I hope they will be lucky enough to be involved in each and every one of their lives. It means the world to me to be included and be remembered. I hope I didn't take my grandmas for granted in all my life. I tried to get to know them while they were alive and well. I tried to listen to them as they reflected their own beliefs and walked down their memory lanes. I tried to be patient and let them "have their time" with me by their side.
Everyone has a full plate these days in their everyday lives it seems. I wish I could SLOW down the train we are all jumping on and frantically hurrying to our jobs, games, reunions, club meetings, scheduled appointments, vacations, and church time. We need to remember our grandmas and grandpas and give them time. I hope my children remember me when I am older and share with me their everyday lives. It is important to me now and I know as I become older I will value their visits to me and with me even more. I hope they will be good Grandmas and feel confident that they will.
Monday, December 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment