I have those 4 daughters I raised up and would take them back to little girls in a minute's notice. That was the best time in my life having them all under one roof. Most people say girls are harder to raise. I wouldn't know..I never had a son of my own. But after letting them all go and moving on with my own life I learned they were sorely missed in my life. So imagine how I felt when my youngest daughter married off and then tells me 6 months later..."Mom, I am going to have a baby and then 2 months later...Mom-it's to be a girl!"... Now I knew where my place in life was going to be once again. I was "needed"!
Bree delivered a beautiful....no perfect...little baby girl on Oct. 16,2007. Emma Kristine (sort of named after me because my middle name is Kristine also)....came into my life. I got the privilege of being allowed in the labor and delivery room...which nowadays...IS the same room! Her husband and I were right there holding a leg each and helping her to "bear down and push". I think I pushed harder than Bree did actually. But it was a feeling like no other watching this live birth. Not even my own babies being born did this feeling come to me.
Emma is now a year old and toddling and capturing all the hearts of those around her. To meet her once ..you know you have met a little cherub. She totally "lights" up when you approach her and she has this cute little gap between her front teeth. Yes...this will be the long relationship I have been searching for. Emma and I will be "pals" and I will get to indulge in alot of spoiling and nurturing this little one. I was 50 when she was born and so much more prepared to be a Nana than ever. It felt just right. She is the center of our attention these days. I visit her weekly if not more than that. She just gives me "peace". I sometimes went through life not happy with myself and looking for fault ...but I found utter peace just being around this little soul. I look forward to watching her grow into the young woman I know will grace us with a kazillion memories I can't even imagine. She has the best little mom giving her such examples. Bree babysits for 3 ,sometimes 4 other little ones and gives her time to Emma as much as she can. It's going to be a good life.
Tuesday, November 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment